Ready to start the next chapter in your career journey? You’re in the right place. We’re always happy to hear from people who are eager to learn and grow, and share our values. Welcome home.
We thought there is no better way to tell about a job than hear it from a potential future colleague
So we asked one of our lead developers their views on their job. Let’s hear what Vincent van der Weele has to say:
“A developer’s job at Futurice is always a bit of a mix between software development and consulting. Not only do we try to build great software together with our clients, we also try to help them get the most out of our projects. We provide the most value when we look beyond the project scope and understand how that project fits in the bigger picture and can help our clients reach their goals.
As a lead developer the focus shifts more towards consulting, although it depends a lot on the project how far exactly. We typically lead by example, for instance by showing how lean principles bring fast results. Of course, the lead developer’s technical experience is important too but the great thing about Futurice is that we are surrounded by brilliant people. All development teams are self-organising and make technical decisions together.”
Here are some practical things that would definitely help succeeding in this job
- Professional experience that covers several years in software development, ideally in the development of large scale web-based and mobile applications and services.
- Strong consultant mindset and a client-oriented way of working. You enjoy helping and guiding clients as well as drafting proposals for their needs.
- Prominent expertise in agile software development methodologies e.g. Scrum, Kanban.
- An architecture-level understanding of software design, with experience in designing and implementing complex services.
- Understanding and hands-on experience in Cloud platforms, scalability, serverless architectures and benefits/drawbacks of microservices.
- Experience in designing and implementing modern GraphQL or REST-based APIs.
- A good understanding of both relational databases as well as no-SQL databases.
- A broad knowledge of tools, frameworks and technologies related to designing, implementing, deploying and hosting software services.
- Interest in team management and career development.
- Appreciating and practicing good communication. You are fluent at least in English. Finnish is a definite plus.
- At the end of the day, the technology is but a means to an end, and your willingness to learn new things is what counts.
We offer you the Ultimate Learning Platform
With us you get the opportunity to work with the most motivated and multi talented forces in development, design and strategy. As an agency, we have a versatile portfolio of projects and we solve different kinds of problems that require different kinds of tools – for you this means the chance of a lifetime to follow your learning goals and broaden your skill set. You will be inspired and supported throughout your journey as our aspiration is to be the Ultimate Learning Platform for your career. We are a people-first-company and believe that at the end of the day happy people are the key to great software and happy clients. See our promise to you here.
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been looking for? If yes, that’s great news – please head on over to the next phase and submit your application.
Our application form is about as easy as it gets, just enter your contact information and upload your attachments. We’re hoping to see at least your CV and a few lines about yourself and why you want to join Futurice (for inspiration, take a look here to read our tips on how to stand out from the other applicants). You’ll also have the option to submit links to your LinkedIn and/or GitHub profile or your portfolio, as well as share other attachments relevant to the application.
We will process the applications in the order of their arrival. Those selected for the interview phase can look forward to an initial discussion, both in order for us to get to know you better, and for you to get more familiar with life at Futurice. That will be followed by an in-depth talk with your potential future colleagues to dive deeper into your professional skills, and finally, one more general chat where you’ll discuss things like your potential future projects.
Working at Futurice
Ever since Futurice was founded, we’ve been committed to offering a workplace people will genuinely enjoy coming to every morning, Mondays included. We’ve put tons of effort into fostering a healthy and welcoming company culture combined with fair and competitive salaries as well as perks that improve the wellbeing of each Futuricean – take a look here, check our Culture Handbook 2.0 and learn more about some of our people through their career stories. Each of our offices also adds its own unique vibe and flavor into the mix. Learn more about our offices here!
At Futurice, new joiners are not expected to fit into a specific mold – people are free to come as they are, regardless of their background. We believe there’s power in perspectives and consider diversity an important part of our success – which is why we have made diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) a key component of our company’s strategy. You can learn more about our DE&I commitment and efforts here.
- Heta Häkkinenheta.firstname.lastname@example.org